Welcome to today's homemade SupaCute recipe!
We are going to show you how to make “Authentic Hummus Appetizer ” from scratch.
This homemade family recipe has been passed down over the years so you’ll be sure that this is the real deal!
These perfectly portioned appetizers will be sure to keep your guests coming back for more.
Let’s get started!
INGREDIENTS IN THE "AUTHENTIC HUMMUS APPETIZER"
- 1 1/2 Cup Organic CkickPea
- 8 Cups Filtered Water
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1 1/2 Fresh-Squeezed Lemons Standard Size
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- Pita Chips — As Needed
- Pure Olive Oil — As Needed
- Red Spice — Pinch
- Cumin — Pinch
- Mint — Garnish
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves — Optional
- SupaCute Cup — Jili
HOW TO MAKE THE "AUTHENTIC HUMMUS APPETIZER"
- Soak the Chickpeas overnight in 4 cups of water and 1 tablespoon salt
- Strain the Chickpeas and place in a pot with another 4 cups of water and salt.
- Boil the Chickpeas for 1 hour and remove white film from the pot as needed.
- Once again strain the chickpeas saving 1 ¼ cup of the water on the side and a handful of Chickpeas.
- Place the Chickpeas in the food processor and slowly add the Tahini and lemon juice.
- Slowly add the saved water until the hummus is smooth but be careful not to add too much water, you want it to be smooth and solid.
- Scoop into SupaCute Jili Cup and garnish with the spices, chickpeas, olive oil and mint.
- Add the Pita Chips and they are ready to serve, yum!
- You can also snap on the lid and take them with you to go on a picnic, a trip to the beach, to the gym, or for lunch at work :)
Hope you enjoyed today's recipe as much as we enjoyed making it, tune in next time and