Welcome to today's SupaCute recipe!
We are going to make a “Cinnafun Bread Pudding” layered with a delicious custard cream.
The blends of the cinnamon and the custard are the perfect mix for an after lunch dessert!
Now let’s get started...
INGREDIENTS IN THE "CINNAFUN BREAD PUDDING"
Bread Pudding Layer
- 9 Pieces Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 4 Organic Large Eggs
- 2 1/2 Cups Organic Milk
- 1/3 Cup Organic Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Organic Granny Smith Apple
Custard Cream Layer
- 2.65 oz Flour
- 4.41 oz Sugar
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 500 ml Organic Milk
- Lemon Zest
- Dash of Organic Vanilla
SupaCute Cup — Fantaisie
HOW TO MAKE THE "CINNAFUN BREAD PUDDING"
Bread Pudding Layer Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut Cinnamon Bread into cubes and place in a rectangle Pyrex; toast for 7-10 min OR until golden brown
- Lower oven temperature to 350°
- Dice the apple and set aside.
- Add eggs, milk, dark brown sugar, kosher salt, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk together.
- Add the diced apple to the prepared pyrex with the toasted bread.
- Pour the mixture above over the bread & gently press down to submerge.
- Allow sitting for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
Custard Cream Preparation:
- Mix eggs, sugar, flour, lemon zest, and vanilla together very well.
- Add the milk to the mixture while whisking vigorously to blend all the ingredients together.
- Once mixed, put the mixture on low heat.
- Whisk continuously until it reaches the simmering point.
- The custard cream will thicken as it reaches the boiling point; do not let it boil.
- Once thickened remove off of the stove and let cool.
After letting the custard cream cool, layer the pudding bread & custard cream in the SupaCute Fantaisie cup using a pastry bag for the custard cream.
Oops! Don't forget to garnish by sprinkling cinnamon and raisin :)
Tune in next time for another delicious recipe &