Are you looking for citrus fruits with yogurt parfait recipe? Well in this post, SupaCute Desserts are going to share with you a mouthwatering citrus compote and yogurt parfait recipe written by Tesia who own the food-verse blog. Tesia used in her recipe SupaCute "Lotus" dessert cups.
Citrus Fruits Yogurt Parfait Recipe
If you've ever been to Europe and fallen in love with the yogurt there, This citrus yogurt parfait takes me back to those very fond memories.
If you've never tried European style yogurt, the main difference is that the texture is much smoother, runnier and more liquid than your traditional yogurt. I like to think of it as a tart sauce, beautifully balanced by the sweet honey and soft citrus.
Fruit and yogurt; so simple, made with flavors we know and love. Guilt-free and perfect for any time of day, even breakfast!
What You Need For Your Citrus Compote Yogurt Parfait Recipe
I start with a whole pound of oranges! We want to fit as much as possible citrus into out little SupaCute "Lotus" dessert cups, about halfway full (for half a package which is 12 dessert cups and 12 dessert spoons) and it ended up being just the right amount.
- 1/2 package of SupaCute Desserts "Lotus" dessert cups
- Straus Family Creamery Plain Yogurt
- 1 lb. oranges
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 1/3 cup honey
How You Prepare Your Citrus Compote Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- Cut the top and bottom off each citrus fruit and cutting from top to bottom, remove all the peel and pith.
- Then use a small sharp knife, cut the fruit segments loose by slicing in between each membrane.
- In a skillet, squeeze the remaining juice from the membranes being careful not to get any seeds in and simmer the orange and grapefruit segments in the juice for about 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop out the fruit into a separate bowl and add the honey to the fruit juice, simmering over very low heat for 7-10 minutes until slightly thickened, be careful or it could burn. Add the sweetened syrup back to the fruit and mix to combine! Chill for at least 2 hours.
When ready to serve, scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cooled citrus compote to the bottom of the cups and top with a spoonful of the European yogurt. Enjoy!
Find more at www.food-verse.com
Click here to watch the video!